Porcelain Veneers in Waterbury
Take your smile from average to dazzling. “Makeover” your smile with porcelain veneers from Waterbury Smiles. Many patients desire a brighter, cleaner, more attractive smile, but have chipped, stained, discolored, unevenly spaced, or even slightly crooked front teeth. If this sounds like you, we will be glad to help evaluate your specific situation, listen to the exact changes you have in mind, and show you examples of the end result, before any treatment is performed. If you’re interested in finding out more about porcelain veneers, contact your cosmetic dentist, Waterbury Smiles for a consultation today.
Waterbury Dental Veneers
A veneer is what its name may suggest, a facing or façade. Hand crafted from porcelain to perfect any smile irregularity, veneers are often the easiest way to fully transform your smile without extensive, invasive dental procedures. Instead, a porcelain sheath is crafted to cover any stained, crooked or cracked teeth. Your natural smile is prepared with minor size reduction or shaping to your existing bite, and the customized veneer is bonded to your bite with a compound resin. With proper maintenance, veneers can be a permanent smile enhancing solution that requires less time, money, and pain than other procedures.
The actual treatment usually takes just two visits. The consultation appointment where you work with our team to create your flawless smiles, and a second appointment to place your veneers. The number of pre-operative visits to work out details and ensure predictable results, depends on the complexity of your situation and the changes you desire. After your veneer is placed, there is typically a follow up visit for final adjustments and polishing after you have an opportunity to get used to how your veneers look and feel, and to review instructions for care of your new smile that will last for years and years. It is usually preferable to schedule this follow up as part of your next routine dental checkup.
Benefits of Veneers
Many patients who need to have their smile corrected prefer veneers to other cosmetic or restorative options for various reasons. Some of the main reasons to choose veneers are:
- Minimally invasive – good for patients with sensitive teeth or gums, weekend immune systems
- Optimum change in minimum time – porcelain veneers can completely transform your smile with very little time in the chair or healing at home as compared with other available treatments
- Whiter, brighter teeth – veneers deliver a dazzling smile that is stain resistant so teeth whitening is no longer a concern
- Protective Barrier – for patients who suffer from severe tooth decay, veneers protect teeth from bacteria and significantly reduce the risk of future decay
- Choose your own smile – veneers allow patients the opportunity to have the smile they’ve dreamed of instead of the one they’re stuck with, and we can even match your favorite celebrity’s smile
Porcelain Veneer FAQs – Waterbury, CT
At Waterbury Smiles, we believe that your smile should look as great as it feels. That’s why we offer porcelain veneers - the ultimate procedure in smile makeovers that can be used for a multitude of imperfections and completely customized to meet your needs. If you’ve been considering porcelain veneers in Waterbury but have questions about the procedure, keep reading for answers to some of the FAQs we hear most often. And don’t hesitate to get in touch if there’s anything else you'd like to know. We’ve helped countless patients love their smile and we’d love to help you too!
Will Porcelain Veneers Work For Me?
Porcelain veneers are a great choice for most people, but we want to ensure your chance of long-term success before making a recommendation. To do that, we’ll start with a consultation so we can talk about your cosmetic goals, look at your dental history, and examine your teeth and gums.
If you have untreated cavities, gum disease or other issues, we’ll take care of those problems first. We’ll also discuss the importance of maintaining your veneers with good oral hygiene habits and regular checkups.
How Long Do Porcelain Veneers Last?
Porcelain is strong, durable, and stain-resistant. And, with proper care, your veneers can last 10-15 years or more.
With that said, porcelain veneers can be damaged from injuries or accidents, clenching and grinding, cavities (on the exposed enamel behind a veneer), and chewing on ice, hard candies, etc. However, there are easy ways to minimize these risks and help your veneers last as long as possible.
How Do I Maintain My Porcelain Veneers?
- Be careful with certain foods – Be mindful of how you chew hard, crunchy foods such as nuts or carrots. Also, get into the habit of cutting foods like apples into smaller pieces so you don’t have to bite into them with your front teeth.
- Wear a nightguard or athletic guard if necessary – A nightguard will protect your veneers from clenching and grinding, while an athletic guard prevents oral injuries during sports.
- Avoid harmful habits – Don’t use your teeth to open packages or chew on ice, pens, pencils, etc.
- Practice good oral hygiene and schedule regular checkups – To keep the tooth structure under your veneer healthy (as well as the surrounding gum tissue), be sure to brush twice a day, floss once, and see us for regular checkups.
How Many Porcelain Veneers Will I Need?
Although this depends on your specific needs, it’s generally a good idea to get an even number of veneers (anywhere from 2 to 12) for the most aesthetically pleasing and natural-looking results.
That’s especially true if you want a veneer on one of your front teeth. Since they’re side-by-side, it’s very noticeable if there are even slight differences between them. In that case, getting 2 porcelain veneers at the same time is the easiest way to make them completely identical. However, if you only want a veneer on a single lateral incisor (between your front tooth and canine), it’s easier to get just one and still get a great result.
Waterbury Smiles provides quality general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry services for Connecticut families. We serve the communities of Waterbury, Watertown, Middlebury, Naguatuck, Woodbury and Southbury. We invite you to make an appointment today!