Teeth Whitening at Waterbury Smiles
Do you have confidence in your smile? When you meet someone new, do you share your smile freely or are you more hesitant? If you hesitate, then you are in good company. Many people are reluctant to smile for the simple reason that their smiles are no longer white and bright, but dull and off-color.
Your Waterbury cosmetic dentist has the solution: teeth whitening. One of the most common, least expensive and cost effective cosmetic treatments our practice offers is teeth whitening. For our patients’ convenience, Waterbury Smiles has both an in-office and take-home whitening system.
First, let’s examine why teeth darken over time, because our baby teeth sure do start out white, shiny and adorable! The culprit, as with many bodily concerns, is time itself. As we age, time and other factors take their toll on not only the condition of our teeth, but the color of our teeth, as well. Those other factors include:
- Foods and beverages. Some of the most frequently consumed ingredients in our diets cause staining: carrots, tomatoes, chocolate, soy sauce, cola and tea, to name just a few.
- Tobacco products. Smoking and chewing tobacco both contain nicotine, which is a discoloring agent.
- Cracks in our teeth. If a tooth has a crack, then food debris can become trapped and result in staining.
- There are some drugs and cancer treatments that can cause teeth to discolor. Even the overuse of fluoride can lead to fluorosis, which leaves white marks on teeth.
- Teeth grinding and clenching. This typically nighttime habit can lead to tiny cracks in the chewing surfaces of teeth, which will appear to darken with time.
- Natural color. The starting color of our teeth tends to lean slightly toward yellow or gray, and this may intensify as we age.
Teeth Whitening 06708 Residents Rely on for Winning Smiles
For patients who would rather whiten their teeth in the convenience and privacy of home, we can provide a take-home whitening kit. We’ll give you customized mouth trays and a supply of high-grade bleaching gel. Simply fill the trays with gel and wear them for the amount of time we specify every night for about two weeks. You’ll gradually begin to see you smile whiten.
Waterbury Smiles provides quality general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry services for Connecticut families. We serve the communities of Waterbury, Watertown, Middlebury, Naguatuck, Woodbury and Southbury. We invite you to make an appointment today!